ENGINEERING ARCHIVES ASSISTANT
TWO TEMPORARY OPENINGS
1. 40 hours per week for 6 months
2. 16 hours per week for 2 years
Catalog, digitize, archive, and provide access to records generated by heavy construction projects.
Assist with operations of an administrative archive of engineering records, specifications, and drawings. Catalog, digitize, and create detailed metadata. Process records for long-term preservation and retention. Perform reference work. Support organizational transition to paperless operations by conducting records inventories, scanning, and electronic cataloging.
* Understanding of the role of archives in an engineering environment
* Knowledge of traditional and digital archival standards, technologies, and techniques
* Strong organizational skills with an aptitude for complex, detailed work
* Tenacious commitment to quality assurance and quality control
LOCATION ~ San Francisco Civil Center
SALARY ~ $18.61 per hour
TO APPLY ~Submit your cover letter and resume to Joe Cowan, jmcowan1945(at)yahoo.com
Source: Western Archivists Listserv